Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Feels like Home!

I (with the help of my not so little brother David) packed up the Uhaul and moved me and the kids to Pocatello. As I was driving this huge truck with my toes (I have such short legs) and no cruise control, I crossed the Utah Idaho boarder and I had an overwhelming feeling come over me. I was Home! Idaho is Home! So there I am driving this Uhaul with Parker and Ginny asleep next to me crying my eyes out. It was a good cry to know I am home. This past week had many mixed emotions, I said good bye to some amazing people who are so very important in my life, and in the same breath I was so ready to be back with Randy. Parker woke up last week crying asking when are we going to be a family again? I told him we are always a family and he said no mom when are we all going to live together again? I am so greatful it was only 3 weeks we had to live apart. So now that 3 weeks of crying and packing by myself is a memory and we are here in Pocatello at my mom's house. It is so beautiful up here with all the leaves turning colors. The dogs love running everywhere....so do the children. Parker started school yesterday and loves it, now I just need to find a preschool for Ginny. It feels so good to be calm and settled.

5 comments:

Emily said...

That is so sweet that Parker wanted everyone together. What a little sweetheart. And doesn't it make you feel so good to know how much he loves his family?

Congrats on the move. I'm so glad you guys get to do that, and I hope you continue to love it there.

Emily said...

P.S. You're tagged.

Cheri said...

I'm glad it's over for you. I did this exact same thing this time last year, except I was pregnant and then home alone with a newborn for 1 1/2 months. It was awful. But it's over now so I'm glad you guys are back together!

tolman said...

parker you said it. wouldnt it suck not to together forever ! thank goodness for covenents , when are kept and the temple seals us all together.

The Torman Fam said...

Your strength amazes me! I hoep everyone settles well and that your home sells quick so you can find a new one! Love you guys tons!